The goal here is to set 101 realistic and specific goals of things you want to accomplish in 1001 days. 1001 days is roughly 2 3/4 years. I love me some lists but often never finish them. So here is my attempt at taking an inventory at what I accomplish for awhile....a long while. Some are silly, short-term, serious, spiritual, crazy, difficult, but most importantly...all are obtainable.
1. Read 30 books (0/30)
2. Develop and stick to a workout routine
4. Graduate college
5. Go to the Fort Worth Modern Art Museum
6. Try a new recipe every month (0/33)
7. Cut it down to one Coke a week. (0/143)
8. Grow my hair out.
9. Save up for a big camera!
10. Read the Bible at least once a week. (0/143)
11. Visit Savannah, Georgia.
12. Start taking vitamins
13. Add another child to our family
14. Update baby books.
15. Organize photo albums.
16. See 10 plays. (0/10)
17. Read all the Jane Austen books. (not included in the 30 books)
18. Take a trip with my mom and sister.
19. Go to Oprah.
20. Acquire more FANTASTIC high heels.
21. Have someone over to dinner at least once a month. (0/33)
22. Go to the dentist.
23. Clean car once a month. (0/33)
24. Take tennis lessons.
25. Buy two new pieces of art.
26. Run a 10k.
27. Look into adoption….seriously and prayerfully.
28. Watch 20 movies (his pick) in the media room. (0/20)
29. Write him daily e-mails with pics of kids when he is gone.
30. Send him at least one care package to each CAT.
31. More kisses.
32. Date night at least once a month. (0/33)
33. Take a trip…just the two of us.
34. Make him at least 100 chocolate pies. (0/100)
35. Pray together more often.
36. Root for the Rockets.
37. Potty train both boys. (0/2)
38. Go to the library at least twice a month (0/66)
39. Teach Sam baby sign language.
40. Do a video montage for each year of their lives.
41. Take more walks.
42. Read Bible stories to them.
43. Go to the park once a week. (0/143)
44. Do an art activity a week. (0/143)
45. Feed them more veggies and fruits.
46. Write letters to them on significant days.
47. Play with them more.
49. Transition to big boy beds in the same room. (0/2)
50. Take them camping.
51. Friday night pizza nights.
FOR MY HOUSE...
52. Repaint baseboards and doors.
53. Put handles on bathroom cabinets.
54. Sew new bedding and curtains for boys bunk beds.
55. Finish playroom.
56. Replace all door handles.
57. Order print pictures once a month and put in photo album. (0/33)
58. Organize pantry and keep it that way.
59. Cover patio.
60. Landscape backyard.
61. Clean and washout the fridge 1x month (0/33)
62. Figure out kitchen table dilemma.
63. Finish master bedroom.
64. Hardware on table.
65. New flooring.
66. Change entryway light fixture.
67. Send someone a card each week. (0/143)
68. Host a Mother's Day Brunch
69. Make cookies with Brittany.
70. Get with friends or sister to let kids play and enjoy good conversation at least once a month. (0/33)
71. Foster new friendships.
72. Go visit Trent and Sarah.
73. Start recycling.
74. Try to grow some vegetables.
75. Use reusable bags.
76. Learn to quilt.
77. Make silhouettes.
78. Paint a pottery platter with my kids.
79. Make more cakes.
80. Do a sour dough starter.
81. Learn to pickle.
82. Learn to make jelly or jam.
83. Master a salsa recipe and jar it.
84. Paint more canvas.
85. Take a photography class.
86. Sew more beautiful aprons with gorgeous fabrics.
87. Bake and decorate more cookies.
88. Eat out no more than twice a week…except on vacation. (0/143)
89. Start college funds. (We have the money they have been given but not opened the plan.)
90. Pay car off.
91. Pay Harley off.
92. Sell painted canvases.
93. Develop budget.
94. Use cash.
95. Cut coupons weekly. (0/143)
96. Contribute more to IRA.
97. Go on a mission trip.
98. Find a place to volunteer at least once a month.
99. Serve at church.
100. Do 10 run/walks for charity.
101. Serve meals to the homeless.